We offer competitive pricing on pond cleaning and maintenance.
Basic pond cleaning starts at $750 and includes filter cleaning as well as debris and algae removal.
In addition, during the cleaning we can repair lighting and stonework or add new features, aquatic plants, and fish (gold or koi). We recommend cleaning your pond twice per year: in the spring or early summer and in the fall when we will also install a net to prevent leaves from falling in in the pond. When scheduling pond cleaning, remember that you don’t need to be present (unless you want to) as long as we have access to water and electricity.
The typical pond cleaning steps are:
- Remove fish in a fish-safe barrel
- Remove and trim plants
- Drain the pond
- Clean the pond from debris and algae
- Power-wash stonework
- Clean filters, skimmers, pump(s)
- Refill the pond and treat the water with de-chlorinator*
- Re-home fish and plants
- (fall only) Install a net over the pond
- (fall only) Remove the net in late November
*If your home is on well water, we take staged approach to refilling it so we will not completely deplete your well (if you are on well water you should consider a rainwater harvesting feature to use as gray water).
To get a free cleaning estimate use this contact form and:
- Attach pictures of the pond
- Include details about the type and rough number of fish you have
- List the last time the pond was cleaned
- Schedule the service for date and time convenient for you
Make sure we have access to water and outdoor power outlet.